Are you looking for some ideas for your kids for Christmas? Here is a list of a few things that have went over well at our house.
- Lamplighter- These are excellent. I wrote an entire post about them HERE. They are rare old books turned into exhilarating and entertaining audio-dramas that build Christlike character one story at at ime.
- Heirloom Audio– These are awesome. They take history and turn it into a captivating and exciting story. My kids have learned a lot about history just from listening to them. They are very exciting, so would be great for a boy. My boys have played “Saxons and Danes” for hours and have had many epic battles after listening to The Dragon and the Raven OVER and OVER and OVER! They have learned concepts like mercy and perseverance just from listening to these stories. I recommend!
- Jonathan Park– These audio adventures take a bit of a different approach. They are creation science based. After listening to these adventures you will have all kinds of real scientific knowledge that support a creator based creation of the earth. They are very educational and entertaining. We have several seasons but don’t have them all yet. We are working on building our collection. I have learned TONS just from listening to them.
- MP3 player– We bought a cheaper MP3 player last year and it works just fine. It is still going strong. We did grab a better pair of headphones to go with it. My kids do not have any kind of phone or electronics yet, so this was perfect. I know that we are probably the minority in this. But, I am not ready to hand over electronics yet. It can wait for me. I upload music and audio dramas on there for them. I love knowing that they are listening to any of the audio stories above and then music from things like Seeds Worship , Rain for Roots, or Songs for Saplings . (The last two music suggestions are good for younger kids. They are catchy and easy to remember. The Seeds Worship CD is good for all ages.) Besides faith based music, I upload fun soundtracks for them, silly kid songs, and other things that suit their taste. They LOVE it!
- Magic Sketch– Okay, this thing is awesome. Like I said above ↑, we haven’t given the kids personal electronics yet. But my 4 year old loves this. He calls it his “IPAD” and it is super cute! But this toy has been handy to have. We take it with us in the car and to places that I know we will be waiting. He is able to draw all over it and then press a button and it quickly disappears. It came with tons of cards that he can trace or he can freehand on it. My big kids even have fun with it. There is no mess! No papers, crayons, or markers— so it is easy to take on the go. I recommend grabbing one of these.
- Action Zoom Camera– We did this as a gift last year and it was a success. One year later and it still gets played with and used almost everyday!
- Costumes/Weapons– Fortunately, my kids are still at the age of playing all the time. Everyday its a new costume and a new game. Sometimes they are Avengers, and sometimes they are Jedi’s. Some days they are cowboys and some days they are knights and warriors form the past. It’s a grand life. Costumes are GREAT gifts for little boys! They make for the never ending game.
- Critter Head Lamp– My kids love these things. They are fun for outdoor play, campfire nights, or reading at night.
- Youth Archery Set– We aren’t quite ready for a BB gun. Well, momma isn’t quite ready for a BB gun. So we are going with an archery set to test it out and see how it goes. Adventure toys for boy is always a for sure bet in our house!
- Personalized Shutterfly Mugs– Last year I personalized coffee mugs for my kids for when we have our hot chocolate days. They love them and have become everyday users for chocolate milk, juice, hot chocolate, or anything else. This was so cute!!! I still love it! They love looking at the pictures of them from when they were younger. (and there is no fighting over who drinks out of what mug! haha)
- Shutterfly Continued– Another shutterfly gift that has gone over well is a photo book with pictures of the kids from the last year to go in their “box”. Since we all don’t print off pictures, compiling a quick book for them to keep is a good gift or stocking stuffer. The best part is that Shutterfly will compile the book for you!!!!! So it doesn’t take time. You just pick the pictures, shutterfly will compile the book, and then you can edit it if you choose. Sweet!
- Faith Girls Cookbook– This cookbook was gifted to us and we love it. It had great photos and is easy to follow. A great first cookbook for a little girl. We have made several things out of it and they have all been a success!
Games for Kids (Ages 6-10)
- Blokus– This is a family favorite at our house. Everyone can play and we play it often.
- Qwirkle– Another great game that the whole family can play.
- Coup– I have had to quit playing this game because the kids ask to play SO MANY TIMES! I am on a BREAK of this game. hahahaha But, they love it and play it all the time.
- Silver Dollar City Season Passes- We have done this a few times for Christmas and it is always a success!
- Sight and Sound Theatre (Branson)– Next year in 2018 Samson will be playing at the Sight and Sound. I am about 99.9% sure that this will be our “experience” gift to the kids this year! They have a trailer posted on their website and it looks amazing!
Goodness! This list is a random mess! I probably should’ve made different posts for different categories of ideas. But– Oh Well—! I may do another one. I still have TONS of ideas I could put on this list! I didn’t even touch books on this one. I’m such a book junky for kids. Our house is overflowing with them.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.