A quick update with a Friday Five of a few things—
- House Update- We are still working on the addition to our house. It is slow, but progress is being made even if it is at a snails pace. Our kids are playing in a youth basketball league, so all of our Saturday’s are taken up right now and there isn’t much time to work on the house. BUT- it does have the sheet rock up! YAY! We broke ground last March, so you might expect us to be done by the year 2049. Just Kidding! We are really hoping to finish this year. But, that means we are going to have to get busy this spring and try to mark off our Saturday’s for working on the house.
2. I’ve been reading the Psalm’s this week and was really encouraged by reading Psalm 27. Particularly Psalm 27:6, Psalm 27:11 and Psalm 27:14. Offering the sacrifice of joy is encouraging and a good reminder of how to actively please the Lord (vs 6). I love how David asked God to lead him in a smooth path and to teach him His ways (vs 11). David was humbly asking for a smooth path. I liked that. He may not have gotten it, but he wasn’t afraid to ask. Verse 14 is always something I need to be reminded of– WAIT and Have Courage. I have lots of plans and ideas, but really need to be more prayerful about the directions I go, which typically involves waiting. Patience is not my strong suit. (Which- because I homeschool people think I have tons of patience. HAHAHAHA that is a MYTH. Homeschool moms do not have more patience than anyone else. We are shown daily really how little patience we have and how much we need to pray for it! But, that can be another post for another day).
3. Almost all of the good Christmas candy has been eaten in my house! YAY!!!!! That makes is so much easier to eat healthy!
4. I recently hit a deer with my “mom ride. I should really say the deer hit me, because it jumped out in front of me. So now, I get to drive a dented vehicle. BOO! It is just to that point, that it is not worth fixing. So we are passively keeping our eye out for our next vehicle. Don’t get too excited for me though. It will be another mini-van mom ride. I’ve looked and looked at SUV’s, but the trunk space just does not compare to a mini-van. And when you have four kids and like to go do things, and own a t-shirt business, trunk space is a BIG DEAL! I need to be able to fit strollers, big t-shirt boxes, back packs, scooters, bicycles, and whatever else in the trunk at any given time. So, the mini vans win out for the choice.
5. We are loving our heirloom audio adventures. I posted a little bit about them back at Christmas. We now own almost every single one of them. They are great history stories that have been dramatized for audio. They have lots of action in them and my boys love them as well as my daughter. Each story has provided us with good conversation afterwards about character, history, and choices. They have been a good investment and I recommend them. My boys love The Dragon and the Raven and my daughters favorite is The Cat of Bubastes.
Oh and I took this picture this week and I’m loving it. It is just a quick shot, but I’m loving those chubby cheeks and wild red hair.
Hope all is well in your world!
Do you have anything exciting going on? What is your highlight of the week?
My highlight was that I got a new rug! But, I’ll post it next week. (If you care—- I know…. big news… a rug. hahahaha)